Search This Blog

Friday, June 28, 2019

The Spider-man Far From Home Experience Was Spectacular then Amazing



In the theater I attended with a few friends, we all had a good time, we sat together, we spoke to each other while we waited for the movie to start and just speculated. The crowd was exactly what you want for a movie like this. You had excitement, you had people speculating what's going to happen as far as box office. I have my thoughts going into the movie and I have some differences after I left and I'll go into that a little bit later. I want to let you know that this is going to be a non-spoiler review. Later, after the film is released I will talk more in depth and post an ending revealed, everything you want to know all spoiler heavy review. So no spoilers right now. 

Spider-man: Far From Home had the feels. It was like no other spider-man. I probably felt the way I felt as a twenty two year old young man when the first Spider Man came out and then again with its sequel. The same kind of feelings that was elevated then came back again. It was a combination of those two movies as far as the excitement and the hype because this was the sequel. Tom Holland, as we all know, has been doing an outstanding job as a spider-man. He's been crushing it and I think he needs to be recognized for that ever since Homecoming ever and since Civil War he's been crushing it as Peter Parker and as our latest spider-man.

This one was more of an emotional tearjerker, gut wrenching roller coaster. Our hero asking himself “how can I be the Next Iron Man” and “how am I going to live up to that much pressure” Getting bitten by a
radioactive spider and becoming a hero and being worried about becoming an Avenger, now that he is an Avenger its “can I live up to the legacy of Iron Man”. Now he has to live up to these expectations with the world watching and looming around. He wanted to be Peter Parker more than anything else and take a mental break from Spider-man. Not that he wanted to give up on everything and everybody, it was that this is starting to become too much and I just want to just reset, re-calibrate and reconfigure things. Just like Homecoming, the questions came up again, why can't you just be a friendly neighborhood spider-man That's what Iron man wanted for him and he really tries to reach. After being snapped and brought back, he had to fight this Titan and do this insta-kill madness during Endgame and now he just wants to  relax.

Homecoming was compared to like Ferris Bueller. The thing I felt Far From Home gave us, with the traveling, going from place to place kind of reminded me of the National Lampoon's European vacation film. One thing that popped into my head when I watched this movie was how it felt good, it just really felt good.  it was what people say is a feel-good movie and yes and it wasn't just a feel-good movie it felt good watching this movie. Iit felt really good sitting there.  I could not contain myself at times, I just had to applaud at least four or five moments in this movie. 

Jake Gyllenhaal really brought it coming in as the hero to help out S.H.E.I.L.D. being stranded from his dimension. Having a rip in the fabric of space/time, so we have a guy from alternative world helping out and playing the part of the hero. The dynamic between Spider-Man and the Mysterio character Jake Gyllenhaal and Tom Holland, it reminded me a lot of the banter and the back and forth with Iron Man. Tom Cruise was thought to be Iron Man but I could see if it was done a little bit differently a younger Iron Man in a Jake Gyllenhaal.  I think he could have been a good Iron Man. Who knows if we ever reboot this whole thing maybe he could be the next Iron Man. 

Zendaya, the thing I loved about her is that she was still the same character from homecoming. Kind of deep, she's kind of dark and she has to put her defenses up and she's a very smart girl but people don’t know how to take her sense of humor and her style and you felt that in homecoming. so you can tell there were walls that are just up with her and the thing I love about this movie is they start to come down. Tom and her are dating in real life and here, you can tell you can feel it in their interactions. Jacob Bertolon he even funnier than he was in part as the guy in the chair. He was a delight and he really brought it home more than once in every scene he was in he instantly crushed and and he really added to that feel good, good feelings good vibes to the movie. 

Samuel l. Jackson, people didn't know how to take his more upbeat side in a younger version of Nick Fury in Captain Marvel. In the trailer when he says “bitch please, you've been to space” it's just his is straightforward no nonsense approach that was what was needed, that's something that was missing in this movie. You got a lot of people that helped shape the Iron Man character and the supporting characters that really helped Robert Downey jr. make that character what it is today. I feel that same thing is happening for Tom Holland and how he's shaping up and I think Samuel Jackson really did a good number and did a lot of favors in his performance and that just like he did for Robert Downey jr. In the development of what and who this character is and can be and I feel like that was done properly.

Was better or then homecoming or not? We went straight for the kill, we went to straight to is it better than
spider-man 2, is it better than the spider-verse? these are the lines right now and that's probably going to be your my your top three as far as spider-man movies. What they did with the special effects with Mysterio and
with everything going on it was more than incredible it was downright just impossible on a budget that they had. It wasn't on the level of like the Avengers infinity wars or Endgame but it was so damn close it was right
there. I would say an infinity, Endgame and then this as far as special effects wise.

Let me know if you guys have already seen the movie. if you can't wait to see the movie, what your thoughts are on it? please if you have seen the movies don't spoil it but if you want to talk about it directly with me just email me let me know what you guys think and until next time guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comment. Lets keep talking!