Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2019

The Things You Need To Know About Alita Battle Angel | Review


Click The Link Above For The YouTube Review



This is a film adaptation passion project of James Cameron, directed by Robert Rodriguez. From the manga story Battle Angel Alita aka Gunnm by Yukito Kishiro comes Alita Battle Angel. I know little to nothing of the work that came from the 90's origins of this story but when I saw the trailers I was a little curious. When I had the opportunity to screen it I dove right in. Leaving my expectations at the door and allowing the film to do its job. I was not disappointed. I called it a Thrillride Brought To Life. I was most impressed with the lead actor, Rosa Salar. Through her performance I was instantly hooked into the story and became entranced by the character. When she was angry, I was angry, when she was sad, so was I. This is what made the movie so great. 
Though, most of the people that will bash on the movie without seeing it will say that it is an insult to make a movie with a MANGA source without a majority asian cast. North American viewers have been known to support a film with actors they are familiar with, mostly from North America. Yes, testing a big budgeted film with a virtually unknown set of actors can work but in the business, you'll want to bet on a more familiar tie in. That being said, there were a lot of asian actors that could have played some of the lead members. I won't go into that. Like I said, I walked in as a clean slate and let the film do what it intended. Entertain. 
There is a powerful cast, for the most part under utilized but the chemistry between them was definitely what made the system work. There was a lot of emotions and heart in this film. I found myself mouthing off to a lot of the antagonist who would dare harm our hero. She makes you root for her. Excitement and a story that will not let you down on the entertainment level. 
If I had any problems with it, it was the lack of chemistry between Salazar and Keean Johnson. I also feel that Mahershala Ali and Jennifer Connelly were not used to their fullest abilities of acting quality. I wanted more of them on screen. This was not a shakespearean performance, nor did it need to be. It just captured the hearts and minds of the warriors spirit. I definitely recommend you to see for yourself. I wish for this to become a successful franchise. I want more from Salazar and the majority of this cast. The only thing that will guarantee a sequel and a proper conclusion to this epic story is the viewers uniting and seeing this film. I hope you do, if you love it, tell a friend and go see it again. 
Let's Make Alita News Great Again
#MANGA

Some of the earlier viewers were allowed to ask the cast and producers of the film some questions.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comment. Lets keep talking!