Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2018

Ready Player One is the first successful video game movie

Ready Player One

5 out of 5


Being that this is a movie based on a not too distant future where we can live in the skins of our avatars in virtual reality, the cameos are hit with a little bit of an asterisks but I still geeked out. Each and every time it happened. So many to choose from, lets get started.

Goru had the best pops on screen. Freddy Kruger and Jason gave me the chills. When I saw the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, it almost made me jump out of my seat. I'm telling you guys, this movie was one of the best adventures I've been on in years. Lets keep the love coming, okay where was I?

The Back To The Future car felt like it was a real character in the film. Just seeing it drive and fly was like watching an Oscar winning performance reveal itself in real time. I'd definitely vote for it to win best supporting. Hello Kitty, really? Okay then. Is that Batman, Batgirl and Superman? Oh, I was disappointed (spoiler alert) the Iron Giant never says "I'm Superman".

The best moment was seeing Chung Li doing her kicks and seeing Ryu and the Hadoken. The race scene was one of my favorites, if I ever see this happen in real life I'd explode. The A-Team van, Speed Racer and Big Foot (Whaaaat). Akira bike, I almost didn't notice, at first I thought it was from Tron. . .where was the bike from Tron?

Can you believe the big bad sees himself as the man of steel? Of course, who wouldn't want to be Superman? Chucky OMG Chucky. . .it was the line of the movie. Oh fuck its Chucky. That laugh, that fucking laugh oh my God, what is happening to my brain? This is too much fun. I have to shield my kids from this. No, they must learn who these characters are. That's the best thing aboutj this film. It will force feed you all of this pop culture.  You'll want to learn about these characters if you haven't seen the source films before then you'll want to watch Ready Player One again and again and again. Its self sustaining.

This movie was a mega reboot overload that totally works. I do not see it as a film based on a book, its a video game movie. The best one ever made. check out my video review on YouTube and become a member of the revolution.



Subscribe and Follow us on

YouTube
SoundCloud
iTunes
Twitter
Facebook

Check out our affiliates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comment. Lets keep talking!