Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2018

Is Neil Blomkamp The Right Fit For Robocop 2


One of my great friends who I do a lot of work with on the T3 media's YouTube channel disagrees with me on one major subject.  Neil Blomkamp is a one trick pony. Ever since district 9 my friend Sean has been saying that Neil Bluhm camp is a great director. After just 1 major release I would say he did a great job but great director is yet to be seen. I may be alone in this I know Sean disagrees with me but elysium and Chappie just did not do it. Not that they weren't good movies in their own right they just told the exact same story as district 9.

It seems to me that Neil Blomkamp can only tell a story where the government has some kind of control over a group of people and some kind of enhancement or technology gets out or away from their control and that entity then has to do everything they can to contain in recapture and reclaim the target. Is the exact same story. Should I be worried then he was set to direct a new Aliens movie? Maybe perhaps not. It was not a property that he Created himself so what do I worry that he was taken off that project and then put on the red con/reboot of the robocop sequel?
With Neil Blomkamp heading the helm for robocop to a movie that set to erase the original robocop sequels and every sequel that came after with an all new and original direction, we hope, maybe this is a new beginning. I believed more so with alien.I know the more that I think about it now Robocop is almost the exact same story as Chappie and Elysium.  Maybe having Neil play in a new sandbox that he did not come create is a good step but the sand is all too familiar for half. This could be a good thing for his type of directing and writing style or we just may see the same old things he's done for his other 3 fillings infused in a beloved universe.

Things like having the hero having to run away and escape from their creators was already set inside of the robocop universe but other things like Casting unknown rappers from other countries Playing major key roles in the film with little to no acting ability. Lest we forget he almost cast eminem to play in elysium.   I'm hopeful that robocop movie good but if it is lacking for a financial flop I will officially jump off the bandwagon for this director.

For more go to a YouTube channel and see our thoughts on this subject. Don't forget to comment here or on youtube with any questions you have to be featured on our segment “we got your mail”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comment. Lets keep talking!