Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Through The Trailers: Point Break 2015 Review

What's The POINT of This Remake?

It's All About The Free Fall!



Its been 24 years since the original Point Break staring Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze. I'm surprised that Ericson Core is directing the remake since he already did in 2001 with a film called The Fast and The Furious. I guess since the orignal foundation of the Furious Franchise has changed from its Point Break rip off platform and has evolved into the awesome juggernaut with The Rock it was time to remind the world that Point Break was a freaking awesome movie.

I just watched the trailer after hearing a little bit about the plot from Jose Garcia (writer from Talking Through The Movies) and I've got to say, I orginally hated what I was visualizing. Lucky for me I decided to watch the trailer anyways. I was pleasently surprised. At first, I beleived Luck Bracey as Johnny Utah was doing a complete rip off of Paul Walker, which was weird because I was expecting him to be doing a complete rip of Reeves. Then as I got through each short clip the trailer began to capture me.

The idea of surfers robbing banks was awesome in the Extreme 90's but today having international banks being robbed by Extreme Athletes is so awesome I can't believe I'm not jumping off a plane and snow boarding as I type this. I'm officially on board to see this in the theaters. I already beleive that Edgar Ramirez has done a good job of severing ties from Swayzie's verson of Brodi which was something I was worried about. The movie could still wind up being a complete mess but from what I saw in the trailer I'm definitly excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comment. Lets keep talking!