Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Is Lucy In The Sky Just Black Swan In Space?

Natalie Portman can never just do a movie. She always has to take us deep. I mean, this looked like another, wow look how I survived something that almost went really bad while I was floating in space movie. Then it takes a totally different turn. It becomes a wow, look at how much things on Earth suck compared to what I saw up there. Sex isn't good, food sucks, going to the theme park sucks, everything on Earth is small and insignificant. No one but a few people understand. There's no one I can really talk to and they probably won't let me go back because I won't pass the psych exam again after I share a few opinions with some therapist.

This reminds me of how there are some people who have been through traumatic situations can laugh in the face of what normal society calls danger. A little turbulence in a plane, do you think the pilot cares? He's taking a nap in there. He's flown in wars. That cockpit is probably boring to him. I feel that this movie is going to be like the Black Swan in space. I know that sounds like a dig, but its actually a plus for me. Portman can transport the viewer into a deep ocean of the imagination just by having us gaze into her eyes. I don't know how she's gained this superpower but it works for me and I can not wait to see how this film turns out.

She says shes fine in the end. I call BS. No way. In her mind she's still strapped to that NASA chair and on edge. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be a first contact with aliens kind of film and she is being controlled. Probably just thinking about a galaxy far far away. This is what surprises me most about this trailer. I would think Portman would stay away from the stars for a little while. I guess its been a good number of years since Episode III but she still feels like the queen.


Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel

Please Subscribe to our Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comment. Lets keep talking!