Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Rough Night Red Band Trailer REACTION


A male stripper ends up dead at a Miami beach house during a bachelorette party weekend. This film was directed by Lucia Aniello & the writers are Lucia Aniello and Paul W. Downs. It stars Scarlett Johansson, Zoƫ Kravitz & Kate McKinnon.

The official trailer from Sony/Columbia is here below.
My reaction and first time seeing anything on this film was from the Red Band Trailer just released today. I'm not to excited about this story. Its been said and done too many times in comedies. I'm surprised how redundant the plot is but I'm curious to see how it comes out from the women's prospective. Its nice to see that a gang of females can be just as dumb collectively as a gang of guys in these crazy scenarios. I'm not going to run for this in the theaters but if we get invited by way of Advance Screening we'll be sure to give you a full review.



I stand by my thought that Scarlett looks to be the weakest link comedicly in this trailer. But this is just the trailer. We don't know if she'll carry this movie and turn out to be funnier than the entire group. I doubt it because her comedy is more about sarcastic looks, throwing shade a little bit. I've seen the rest of the team give flat out killer comedic performances. Scarlett would be wise to stay in a lane of being the level headed but worried leader of the team. Unless she's all about breaking down completely from the stress. That would be funny to see but again, its been done.

I'm afraid this will be a throw back to Very Bad Things (1998) staring Christian Slater. I have a feeling I'll be watching that film for upcoming reviews and shorts for the YouTube channel. I have a Top ten idea. Click the picture to the left to rent Very Bad Things.  After I watch Rough Night, I'll make sure not to compare to closely and let the film stand on its own which we should always do. That being said not much from this trailer made me laugh only a few things made me giggle a tad.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for comment. Lets keep talking!